Join us for our 8th Forum to inform, train and empower
participants into active community involvement.
2:00 am to 7:30pm, party to follow
- Location and Access - Jingumae Kumin Kaikan, http://gmap.jp/shop-1401.html, Harajuku/Omotesando area
* 5-8 minutes from Harajuku (JR) and Meiji Jingumae (Chiyoda Subway) Stations.
- Forum Participation Fee - 3500yen, (3000yen with forum 8 flier or postcard)
- Party fee - 2000yen
- Advanced registration - Nov 29 requested but not mandatory.
- Contact email@example.com to register.
1:30 registration/doors open
2:00 - 5:00 Opening session and Skills Build Workshops
Workshop A: Letter writing campaigns
Facilitator: Sarajean Rossitto、 Nonprofit NGO Program and Organization Development Consultant
Workshop B: Educating for Social Justice and Empowerment
Facilitator: Trevor Balance, Educator and Textbook Developer
5:00 ~ 7:00 Panel Discussion
Human rights NGOs in Japan: Diverse issues, Different people, Same rights
Representatives from diverse human rights specific nonprofit NGOs present the issues they work on, their projects & specific things you can do to make a difference.
Nozomi Bando, The International Movement Against all forms of Discrimination and Racism (IMADR) http://www.imadr.org/index.html
Olivia Moss, Tokyo Amazons
Chris Pitts, Amnesty International Japan http://www.aig78.org/,
Yukiko Kaname, Non-Japanese Sex-workers Research Project/SWASH
7:00 ~ 7:30 Take Action!
Time to get involved - panelists will have campaign work for participants to tackle.
8:00 ~ 9:30 End of the year party
¥2,000 additional fee.
Skills Building Forum 8 - Email registration
Send the info below by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.